We would like to take this time to update you on Richard's condition. After seeing the Oncologist on Thursday we learned that the cancer is growing at an alarming rate. As he now has more tumors in the abdomen than before and the ones that have been present have grown in size more than 50 percent from the last CT scan he had done 6 weeks ago.
Also at this last visit the Doctor talked to us about Hospice care, he would like for us to start interviewing some organizations to better determine which one would be suited for our family. We expect that Richard will be on Hospice within the next couple of months as his body continues to fail him. The reality of what is happening is really starting to set in with us as we see the changes that are taking place with his health more on a daily basis now.
We know that God has given us the strength and energy to get through the difficult days and He will continue to do so as we face the days ahead. We would not be able to get through this if it were not for God's grace and we are so blessed to have so many people going to God on our behalf. Please continue to pray for us, pray for wisdom for the doctors as they continue to treat and care for Richard, and strength of spirit as we move closer to the end of this journey and into another.
We are overwhelmed by all of the offers to help us in more tangible ways. There have been several people that have offered to make meals and to care for the boys in the days ahead. We are truly touched.
However that is not where our greatest need lies. Our greatest need is financial, as we face the days ahead their will come a time when I will have to take off work to better care for Richard.
Recently, at the urging of family and friends we got with Wachovia Bank and set up a Trust Fund to help with any financial needs when that time comes. If you would like to make a tax-deductible Charitable Contribution you may do so by going to any Wachovia Bank branch and making a deposit into the
"McCulley Family Trust."
If you do not have a Wachovia bank in your area and would still like to make a contribution you can do so by sending a check or money order to...
McCulley Family Trust
P.O. Box 261
Graysville, Alabama 35073
Please include your address so that we may send you a receipt for tax purposes.
We thank you in advance for your support during this time. May God continue to bless you.
All our love, The McCulley's
Also at this last visit the Doctor talked to us about Hospice care, he would like for us to start interviewing some organizations to better determine which one would be suited for our family. We expect that Richard will be on Hospice within the next couple of months as his body continues to fail him. The reality of what is happening is really starting to set in with us as we see the changes that are taking place with his health more on a daily basis now.
We know that God has given us the strength and energy to get through the difficult days and He will continue to do so as we face the days ahead. We would not be able to get through this if it were not for God's grace and we are so blessed to have so many people going to God on our behalf. Please continue to pray for us, pray for wisdom for the doctors as they continue to treat and care for Richard, and strength of spirit as we move closer to the end of this journey and into another.
We are overwhelmed by all of the offers to help us in more tangible ways. There have been several people that have offered to make meals and to care for the boys in the days ahead. We are truly touched.
However that is not where our greatest need lies. Our greatest need is financial, as we face the days ahead their will come a time when I will have to take off work to better care for Richard.
Recently, at the urging of family and friends we got with Wachovia Bank and set up a Trust Fund to help with any financial needs when that time comes. If you would like to make a tax-deductible Charitable Contribution you may do so by going to any Wachovia Bank branch and making a deposit into the
"McCulley Family Trust."
If you do not have a Wachovia bank in your area and would still like to make a contribution you can do so by sending a check or money order to...
McCulley Family Trust
P.O. Box 261
Graysville, Alabama 35073
Please include your address so that we may send you a receipt for tax purposes.
We thank you in advance for your support during this time. May God continue to bless you.
All our love, The McCulley's
If any of you would like to post about this on your blog, please feel free.











17 comments:
FYI - Wachovia is now a part of the Wells Fargo family, so you would also be able to go to a Wells Fargo bank too.
I love you.
Prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry you are facing this.
Hi Kori-
I'm so sorry this is happening. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Oh Kori ~ I'm so sorry you're having to go through all of this. I will definitely do what I can for you...I so wish I was closer.
Big hugs...and I'm still praying every night...
Michele
May our Father carry you through the coming days and weeks. He will bear your load and give you peace.
Lisa Q
Haven't been around due to shingles, will post that later, but always am thinking and praying for y'all. This was a really good idea and I'm so glad you did it, Hugs!!
Oh, Kori. I am so sorry. I will do a post about it on my blog. Have you heard of Spirit Jump? I have recently found them, and they are wonderful. I think you, Richard and the kids would benefit from being "jumped." Here is their blog: http://spiritjump.blogspot.com/
If you want to be jumped, let me know & I will submit a request, or you can do so. (((((hugs!)))))
I'm so sorry to hear this, Kori. My prayers are with your beautiful family.
xoxo
I'm so sorry to hear things are progressing at a more rapid pace. As always Kori, we are holding you up in prayer, love and thought.
i am so sorry to hear this news, kori. sending you hugs + prayers.
Sending prayers and thoughts Kori.I'm sorry this has to be happening.
Praying for you and Richard and your cute boys!
I absolutely love that family photo! More thoughts and prayers ... and I'll pass along your link.
praying for your family!
Christine
Hope you're doing okay Kori...I'm worried about you.
Big hugz,
Michele
I soooo wish none of this was necessary.....I will do what I can....I promise....I so wish I could do more.
Post a Comment