Besides working and tending to the boys this is where I spend my early mornings, my lunch breaks, time in the evenings before heading home and my weekends.

No matter how crappy the hubby is feeling he always melts my heart with a smile no matter how big or small. (plaid pants make me think of someone)

Things have been a little hectic.
Last Thursday the Hospital where I work suffered a lot of cutbacks and I lost 8 hours of time per pay period. I'm not complaining cause I know it could have been a lot worse and hey at least now every other weekend is a 3 day one. However that is about 200 dollars less a month. God will work it out I know.
Richard went in the Hospital on Friday for a 14 day CF tune-up it's been a long time coming. In the past 6 weeks Hubby has lost a total of 21 pounds because he can't eat much anymore.
Our air conditioner at home went out on Sunday so it's been as high as 85 in my house.
I scheduled appointments with Hospice groups then called and cancelled, I know it has to be done. It will get done before July 9th.
Calob got 3 stitches a week ago, he was pulling weeds and one of the wood timbers just laid his knuckle open. I have pictures but I'll spare you.
Jacob got home from Student Life Camp with the Youth last Wednesday he had a great time. On Sunday he stood before our Church Family and told them that we all need to live more Christ like so that when others look at us they see Him within us. I have never been prouder. And of course I cried.
One last thing Cystic Fibrosis and Cancer suck! That's all I have to say about that.
Gotta go 15 minutes and lunch with the hubby.











25 comments:
Thanks for the update Kori! It's so good to see the smile on Richard's face!!! I don't blame you for cancelling the hospice appts...pretty scary! I wish there was something I could do to help you....
Big hugz,
Michele
You continue to be in my prayers! I think the extra long weekends will turn out to be a blessing, so that you can spend time with Richard!
Sending prayers and hugs.
Oh man...you do carry quite a load! And you do it so gracefully and beautifully! I will keep you and Richard and the boys in my prayers.....I don't really know what else to do for you!
man, you are amazing. i couldn't do what you do and not shut down entirely. you have such an amazing family. thinking of you...
You know you guys are in my prayers. I hope the tune up improves Richard!
your md should help you get with the "right" hospice - talk to her/him or the staff -
glad to see you posting though, even though it is very stressful,
y'all are constantly in my prayers
You have such a sweet family. And as someone previously said, it is good to see a smile on Richard's face given all he's going through. You continue to be in my prayers.
Kori, do me a favor. When you get a chance, and when you are in a better emotional state, please read my post from (I think?) 2 days ago regarding the hospice social worker and my Dad. I just popped over to your blog today after not being here in SO long and I really, really think it is/was Fate. It is hard and it is a horrible thought to deal with as you go through this, but let me tell you, those hospice workers are Heaven-sent. I met one such lady and I will never, ever forget the important role she played in our lives!
Take care of yourself, sweetie.
xoxox, April
I want to hug you. Right now.
I love hearing what Jacob had to share with your church. I love to hear about God working in the hearts of our young guys!
and, ummm. 85 sounds mighty good right about now ;-)
"it is God who arms me with strength..."
Psalm18:32
I love you. And, as always, you know I am praying.
Oh honey, of course we will keep you in our prayers. I just read on another blogger's site a verse that made me think of you guys - I don't think she'd mind if I shared her thoughts (the first part) and of course the verse with you. And I'm sending you a HUGE huge hug. I can't wait to meet you in November!
"God knows more about putting things together than I will ever know. I need to trust. All I need to do is -
"Be still,
and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress."
Psalm 46:10~11
HUGS to all of you during this time! Oh! And prayers too!
I love Richard's smile. I wish I was near enough to help you... Know that I continue to pray for you and your family daily.
You have had a busy and emotional week. Sending some hugs and some prayers your way!
Thanks for the update. (((((HUGE GINORMOUS HUGS)))) for all of you. Prayers and peace for you and your family.
You know I pray for you daily! I love you sister.
Glad you posted and encouraging you to keep the next hospice appointment, they are angels.
I know you were so proud fo Jacob... W was to join the church the weekend my shingles were the worst so hopefully we'll get it rescheduled for Father's Day!
Prayers always to you Richard and the boys!
The Psalm Angela posted is one of the best and one I hold close to my heart!
Hugs Friend!!
God is certainly at work in and around you guys. I am glad that you continue to have a soft and honest heart. I'm also VERY glad that you have a church family to support you through these days.
You & Richard have incredible spirits. To see him in the hospital with a smile is so inspiring.
I hope he gets home to you soon!
You are half way to him being home. I hope the tune-up gives him some more energy!
Prayers all the way around...
Thanks for the update! Sorry I'm a little behind in keeping up. I'm trying to do better. LOL!
Sending you big hugs and kind thoughts! Love ya!
I hope everything is going ok! I really enjoyed seeing and talking to Richard! Let me know if you guys need anything!! Praying for all of you!! CF and cancer does suck...but God will get you through it and bless your family along the way! Love ya girl!
He is such a trooper my heart breaks.
You are too.
You are both so special and God is wrapping you both up in huge hugs.
Yes it definitely sucks. SO with you on that!!!
XOXO to you both.
The C word totally bites! Hang in there!
Post a Comment