Well things have been crazy however no more than usual.
If you watched the last video I posted you noticed that Richard said he was feeling "a tad" better. Well that tad went down hill pretty quickly. Richard has been battling a lung infection for a couple of weeks now. If anything everyone knows how much Richard dislikes being in the Hospital since he spent so much time there last year and the year before.
Combined with the cancer, his Cystic Fibrosis has really been flaring up. Although it could be lung cancer. The Doctors have told us numerous times that the type of Cancer Richard has could easily spread to the lungs but with all the scarring from years of infection due to his CF there is really no way they would be able to tell.
So we just keep treating it as always with very strong IV antibiotics.
Richard went in the Hospital Thursday after going to an appointment with his Pulmonary doctors. They determined that he has quite a bit of fluid and infection in his lungs. His O2 stats are in the low 80's and with the oxygen on the highest they have been is 94. His sputum which is the nasty stuff that he coughs up is very dark green/brown and paste like. He has alot of wheezing, has been running a low temp and just feels bad in general.
So he is in getting very strong IV meds one of which he is slightly allergic to. So since they are giving him such a strong dose they are counteracting the allergic reaction with Benadryl in the IV line. Benadryl combined with all the pain meds is making my hubby loopy. He is sleeping alot, falling asleep in mid conversation and sometimes he says things that even I don't understand. He laughs alot in his sleep.Guess something is bringing him joy. I'm glad.
So we have 12 more days of this Hospital stay and then the Hubby will be home. YAY!
Jacob comes home from his mission trip today. I am so excited to hear all the stories I'm sure he has to tell. I'll be sure to share them here with you guys. Maybe I can get Jacob to do a little vlog post. We'll see.
Now since I have caught you all up to date there is one more thing I want to share with you all.
Shannon over at Welcome to the NuTHoUse has orchestrated an amazing Auction to help our family. The Auction will be held on her blog August 11th. Be sure to check out her blog for all the details. 100% of the proceeds will go directly into the McCulley Family Trustfund. I am in awe of the love and support of all of the Blog Community. Some amazing folks have donated a ton of awesome items to be auctioned off on our behalf. Be sure to visit Shannon's blog for all the major details go to Welcome to the NuTHoUse.
You will NOT want to miss this. So mark your calendars for August 11th.
Also she's still taking donations, so if you'd like to donate an item please let her know! Or if you know of an Etsy shop owner or other vendor who might be willing to donate, let her know and she will be glad to contact them about the auction.
Shannon you are amazing and our family is truly touched by you and everyone who has had a hand in putting this together. We can't say Thank you enough.
6 months ago











11 comments:
So sorry to hear that Richard is feeling poorly again. What a tough battle ya'll are fighting.
Went over to the Nuthouse and sent my daughter the link. She is a photographer and can donate a print.
Take care,
Lisa Q
Ughh...reading your descriptions of all the CF stuff brings back a lot of memories! Praying the next two weeks go quickly for you!
I hope his trip to the hospital is much shorter than expected.
And, yay for the auction!
I am extremely honored and blessed to be able to help with the auction with a sweet little item I'm donating, but I am entirely bummed because my silly computer will not let me see your vlogs. grrrr ;-)
Shannon is amazing, but so are you, which is why you are so deserving of this auction. (And every good thing that has come your way!)
I hope that it's beyond successful!
Hey sweetie. I just wanted to drop a comment and let you know I'm still praying. I watched your Vlogs all the way through. Your accent is precious and you don't talk too fast, silly.
I'm on board with Shannon and the gang for this auction. I can't wait to see what God is going to provide. His strength is perfect.
By the way, Richard is laughing because Jesus is probably telling him jokes in his sleep. Or maybe he's telling him stories about the "beginning" or Noah....
I love you all so much and if you need to me shop for the boys for school send me the list. I'll help out any way I can.
You are loved and covered in prayer.
Shannon is one special lady! I'm excited to see what is going to be on the auction block. I know I will be bidding!
Sorry to hear about Richard. I hope he gets out of that darn place soon and back home!!
Oh you've got to love the meds that ummm make people say odd things. I remember my gram trying to convince me we were on a raft floating down the Mississippi while watching tv in her guest room.
Here's hoping that he starts to feel better soon -- and not from the drugs making him laugh. Count those twelve days down quickly - and I suppose almost three of them are already gone!
I am glad that Richard is finding joy somehow! Perhaps he is glimpsing some of the the glory of God!
YOu are in my prayers sweet Kori. Many people are praying for you both. I will keep you on my prayer blog so others will be reminded to continue to pray.
www.athisfeetinprayer.blogspot.com
I am so sorry to hear Richard ended up back in the hospital. I hope the "yuck" responds to the meds. I know you must be extra anxious when he is not home. But I am glad to hear Jacob is home and it sounds like the mission trip went really well! Praise God for that!
Sorry to hear Richard took a turn. Hope his medication starts to help him feel better. And Shannon is a sweetheart! Have to plan a visit on the 11th!
Post a Comment