Tuesday, August 4, 2009

As I sit

As I sit here tonight at my husbands bedside in the Hospital watching him sleep and listening to him breathe. All the while machines are beeping, oxygen is gurgling from the water, people are coming in and out. It's hectic here in this place.


As I glance across the bed I see our oldest, sweet Jacob with his face lit up all a glow from the gameboy he is playing. He stops, looks up and glances over at me and gives me just a hint of a smile. Then he looks down at his Daddy and he still smiles. Even though it's hectic here in this place.


We are here because Hubby has had an interesting day and I was asked to stay. It all started this morning with a new pain in the groin. There is a knot there a swollen lymphnode. The Doctor believes it is the cancer spreading further. He increased Richard's pain meds. Then when I was leaving to return to work after lunch the nurse stopped me in the hallway to let me know that Richard's weight was off by 10 pounds yesterday, showing that he had gained 10 pounds since Thursday. I old her that most definitely was a mistake because he is barely eating anything. They re-weighed him. He has gained 16 pounds since Thursday. 16 POUNDS! What!? I asked. Yes it is true. My hubby is retaining large amounts of fluid in his body. The Doctor then put him on Lasix. It is definitely a hectic place here.


I scrambled this evening trying to find somewhere for the boys to stay so I could be here. Calob is now with his best buddy. Jacob is here in this hectic place. When I asked him if he wanted to go somewhere else... "No" was the answer I got.


So here we sit in our PJammies while the love of our lives sleeps in a peaceful slumber. He is still and comfortable and we are glad. Still loopy from all the Benadryl they continue to give him to help with the allergic reaction to the IV antibiotics. Jacob thinks the loopyness is hilarious, then Richard laughs too.


Here is this hectic place. There is no other place I would rather be.


God is here in this hectic place.


For this no matter how hectic I am thankful.


I leave with a picture from Saturday. I love it and thought you might too.

17 comments:

Katey said...

Sweet picture =)

Sorry about the fluid!! Hopefull the lasix will work!

Praying for you guys tonight! Call me if you need anything tomorrow...I'm going to be up on the floor visiting other CF peeps!!!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sigh, I hope things calm down and Richard can come back home soon.

Kristin said...

Oh, Kori! My eyes fill with tears and my heart hurts as I read your words. The memories it brings back...the fight we fought...Ahh! Love you and praying for you and the loves of your life today!

Jane In The Jungle said...

That is a wonderful picture......
your post sounds so peaceful, even in the hectic place.....so glad Jacob is with you.

Love you!

Tracy P. said...

I'm glad Richard could get some rest. You're all so sweet. I'm glad you have these sorts of moments to offset the others. I'd say that your perspective is amazingly healthy. You're doing such a good job of guiding your family through these days, and I know Richard is too, as best he can. Praying that you'll all be back home soon.

Lula! said...

What I love about this..."God is here in this hectic place."

YES HE IS, KORI! And that is your comfort...your solace. God is there with you. None of this is lost on Him. He is all over this, always.

And I love you.

Michelle said...

Ohhh no fun bringing in the Lasix. Fingers crossed it does the trick and you can all be released home soon. I LOVE that Jacob wants to hang out with the two of you and just spend time together. And so wonderful for you to feel peace there with him. Good luck -- thoughts and prayers with you, as always!

LarryG said...

an awesome healing kiss!

Michele said...

Oh Kori ~ what an adorably sweet picture. Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

Hugz,
Michele

Sweetly Single said...

hugs and prayers

Melissa said...

I love that picture. All I see is Jesus. His radiant glow is all over that picture! Richard is a beautiful man, inside and out. I just love your family and we've never even met. That can only be the love the Lord! It's amazing.

I love you, sister.

Marrdy said...

Love that picture and Jacob is the sweetest kid ever! Loopyness will be one of those good memories you and the boys can share. Hearing Richards laugh will be a precious memory.

Unknown said...

Such a Wonderful Picture! I Love it! Praying for your family!

Christy said...

i'm glad you have someone there with you.

Anonymous said...

still praying

christine

Lisa said...

Sweet post. So sorry ya'll are in the hospital and pray that Richard can be back home soon.

Take care of yourself.

Lisa Q

Grand Pooba said...

Wow, beautifully written. I can't believe how strong you are through this all.