Monday, June 29, 2009

NOT ready!

This past weekend was probably one of the worst weekends of my wonderful Husband's life with cancer.

He was restless, uncomfortable and hurting. Talked about going to the Hospital but continually talked himself out of it since there really isn't anything else they can do.

He called the Doctor this morning to see about upping his pain medications. After a 15 minute phone call the Doctor agreed that pain meds could be increased but he also wants to turn Richard over to Hospice as soon as possible since his level of discomfort is becoming more unbearable. The Doctor feels that Hospice can offer him better pain management on a daily basis, as well as go ahead and get him a Hospital bed ordered to hopefully offer more comfort by positioning.

I called Odyssey Hospice. We are interviewing them tomorrow night at 6. We will all be there Richard, myself, the boys, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law.

I understand it.

I knew it was coming no matter how much we kept putting it off.

We all know the end of this journey is closely approaching.

But regardless, I. Am.

NOT.

READY!

22 comments:

Mama said...

Kori, I don't comment much, but I check in on you often and keep you, Richard, and the boys in my prayers.

That's not tangible help for you, I know, but it's the best I can do right now. You are courageous in facing this head-on, honestly, and faithfully. That's a legacy for your sons and something they will call on throughout their lives -- the knowledge that it's in their blood to take life by the horns and hold on, leaning into the arms of the Father.

Thank you for inspiring us.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kori, I wish I was there to give you a hug. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
You have an amazing family!

Angela said...

I am SO, so sorry that you are all going through this, but I just want to send you a hug, and tell you that you are all in our prayers. We are just getting in from being out of town a few days so I will stop in later this week to read Richard's interview - please give him a hug from us!

Elena said...

My prayers are with you. God will give you strength to get through this. And I think it is perfectly okay for you to not be ready. I know I wouldn't, and I don't know a soul who would be.

Kristin said...

Kori: I wish I had the right words to say, but I don't, no one does. But, I KNOW God will be your source of strength right now. He will cover you with His grace, His mercy, His love. He will walk through this storm with you. He will help you breath when you have forgotten how. He will help you make decision that you did not ever want to make. I am praying for you, friend! Many hugs and much love coming to you for MI!

Wep said...

Hang in there sweetie!!

Katey said...

I'm sorry Kori. I know this is tough! You all will be in my prayers tomorrow as you interview the hospice agency! And I'll be praying that Richard's pain can be controlled better and he can get some relief! Hang in there...I'm here if you need me! Love ya girl!

Amy said...

You are a very strong woman, I admire you for that.

Thanks for allowing me to be invited in to your blog to read about all of your amazing strength!

God bless you and your family :)

Sweetly Single said...

There is really nothing I can say right now except.... I am praying you guys can find the strength....and I wish I could hug you so much right now.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

So sorry it's come down to this. My prayers are with you all.
xoxo

Stephanie said...

I'll be thinking of you all, all day today. Love you always

Marrdy said...

I am keeping you and Richard and the boys in my prayers.

Aubrey said...

Can we ever prepare for something like this? I can't even wrap my mind around what you must be going through.

I think of you and your family often. All my love....

Betty said...

Will be thinking of you and hope it goes better than you expect!

Meg said...

Oh, Kori, I am sending you prayers and loving thoughts.

Auds at Barking Mad said...

Kori...it's hard for me to leave comments because nothing I can think of to say seems sufficient, given what you're going through right now. Just know that you are always held up in thought, prayer and love.

Angie's Spot said...

Hey girlfriend. I'm glad that things with Odyssey went so well and I truly hope they will be able to bring some comfort and peace to you all during this incredibly hard time. Sending each and every one of you big hugs!

xoxo
Pooky :-)

Jane In The Jungle said...

Kori....Love and Hugs to all of you!!

Mama said...

so the visit went well?

Linda said...

Hey Kori ... I've taken a little break from blogging, but I'm still trying to check in when I can. Nonetheless, you all are still in my thoughts and prayers. There are times during the day that you will pop into my head ... I'm thinking that at that precise moment you may be needing an extra prayer ... so I'm on it ... gotcha covered with prayers for the peace only God can give.

Lisa said...

May God strengthen you during this time. It is so hard to read what is going on with ya'll as my heart hurts for you, Richard and the boys.

Take care of yourself and know that so many are praying for you.

Lisa Q

Tracy P. said...

How could anyone ever be ready? Especially in a sweet marriage like yours. It's a double edged sword--the sweeter the love, the more you have to lose.