So a few post back I asked you guys to interview my Hubby and boy you guys delivered with some pretty interesting questions. So let's get started...
Lisa asked:
Do you think only in the present now, not the future?
With the way I'm feeling and the pain increasing it's pretty much on a day to day basis. Hard to plan on the future when you know you have less than a year to live.
Has a terminal illness changed the way you view today?
Yes, I don't take today for granted, I am constantly thanking God for every day he gives me. Life is so much more precious and means more to me now.
Phenny's Mom asked:
What advice would you give to a parent raising a child with Cystic Fibrosis?
Allow them to be as close to normal as can be. Don't put them in a glass bubble thinking that you are protecting them from everything cause in the long run you'll actually be hurting them. Only somewone with CF knows what their limitations are.
Would you redo anything in your life?
Probably if I could go back and redo anything in my life it would definitely be School. I should have really taken it more seriously than I did.
What is the biggest lesson you have learned through out all of these obstacles you've been given?
Just to be more appreciative of people and time.
What advice would you give to someone that has Cystic Fibrosis?
Make sure that you eat well, stay as physically active as your able and to make sure you take all of your medications.
Also any tips, tricks, or things you have learned that have helped you on days when you have struggled with your CF?
I've never thought of me having CF on a day to day. It's not my main focus in life and I have never let it be in the forefront of my mind. It's only when I begin to become sick that CF would be on my mind and I counted on God, family and friends to help me get through those times when I am sick.
Aubrey asked:
What do you love most about Kori?
Her bubbly personality, the way she laughs, her honesty and the way that she cares for people. And she's a pretty awesome cook too.
Does she have any bad habits that you can't stand?
When she used to smoke. Couldn't stand it.
Tracy asked:
When something happens to you would you want Kori to go on with her life and remarry IF someone came along?
I just want her to be happy and whatever it takes for her to be happy, I want the best for her. She's still young and if the good Lord sends someone her way then so be it.
Heather asked:
How are you dealing with knowing you are leaving your children behind?
To be honest I hate it. They're just starting to get to that age where they really need their Dad around to teach them all the guy things. I hate that I'm going to miss it all.
I know you had the necklaces made for the boys... have you done anything else for them, to help them deal with their loss?
No not yet, but I do have things that I am going to do before I go. Videos for milestone moments in their lives and a blog friend of Kori's sent these amazing blankets with our pictures on them and she left some blank squares where I can write stories and Bible verses so the boys will always have them.
What is the one memory that you treasure most?
Meeting my Dad after 45 years of not knowing him.
Michelle asked:
What is your favorite memory of Kori?
When I first seen her and we were first introduced, I knew we would be together.
Jacob?
When I went to Florida to move them to Alabama and he was bringing all the toys that he could carry out of the house and putting it on the U-haul truck. He was so excited.
Calob?
He used to carry around his Bankie (blanket) everywhere we went. Even when we would have to wash it he would sit in the laundry room and wait. He was a modern day Linus.What are your goals over the next several months?
There are some things I would like to get done around the house but I don't see me getting it done as the pain continues to increase.
What is your proudest accomplishment?
Being called Daddy.
What makes you happy on a daily basis?
My family.
How do you spend your days?
For the most part my days consist of a lot of sleeping now.
Janey asked:
What is your greatest wish for Kori and the boys for the future?
For the boys to be able to finish School, go on and finish College, to always be involved in Church, to continue to live as Christians, to just be happy. For Kori to be as happy as possible and for her to know that she made me the happiest man by allowing me to call her my wife.
How do you want them to remember you?
For them to know that I loved them unconditionally.
Marrdy asked:
What one thing that you have taught your sons would you like them to carry on throughout their lives?
For them to continue to serve God, that they will grow up to be honest and caring men.
Linda asked:
How has your faith helped you through this?
Tremendously. I can't imagine going through something like without having any faith at all.
Was there ever a time, or is there still, when you are angry with your fate?
Yes, but I think anyone would feel that way. I am at peace with it now, I'm no longer angry. It is what it is.
Is there anything that you wish you still had time to do?
Yes, I would have loved to be able to see more of the World.
Tracy P. asked:
Richard, I'm curious what your prayer life is like. I want to know whether you sort of sit in His presence and let Him do His thing, or whether you talk to Him about specifics?
Both, there are times when I talk to Him as if he were sitting right beside me, then there are times when I just sit in awe of Him and listen.











9 comments:
AWESOME interview questions! I really enjoyed them!! Richard...you are an amazing person!!
What great interview questions and answers. Thanks for taking the time and being so honest!
Awesome...absolutely awesome..
Great job Richard...thanks for letting us see a little of the man that our friend loves so well!
Excellent. Richard is an amazing man!
Loved each and every one of his answers. What an amazing man!
You have an amazing husband! A true blessing for your family.
That was a great idea, Kori, and Richard, your answers are all such treasures.
Praying for you as hospice becomes a part of this chapter of your your lives. May the Lord amaze you with the way he tends to each one of your needs. I pray he will especially encourage you as you see him working in the boys' hearts and lives in the days ahead.
Boy, you both know how to make this girl cry!
I am in awe of the two of you. Your love is transparent and your faith is amazing.
Richard, thank you for allowing Kori to share your life with us all here. I truly hope to meet her someday and I look forward to meeting you too, whether here on earth or in our Father's house.
What a great interview...and something awesome to have written down.
Post a Comment