Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Looooonnng Post Ahead!

WOW! It has been one heck of a crazy ride around here.


I know I have been MIA but I have reasons.

On September 18th I received a phone call from the Jacksonville Florida Sheriff notifying me that the first man I ever fell in love with had died, my Daddy. They had to force entry into his house where they found him dead. He died in front of the TV sitting in his recliner from a massive heart attack. I am still in shock. My Dad was a man of perfect health. He ate good healthy stuff, he jogged up to 5 miles a day and lifted weights daily. I miss our Sunday evening hour long phone calls. I miss his laugh and his dirty truck driver jokes. I just miss him.

Needless to say I left within 45 minutes of getting the call and drove all the way down there. I was there for 2 weeks and just returned home this past Friday.

But while in Florida I got to hang out with my lifelong friends. Love these folks for real.


Also while in Florida I may have had a mini life crisis. See for yourself...


I actually got all together 3 tattoos. The one above is on the inside of my right wrist. I got a funky tree with no leaves and the roots come down and say family on the inside of my left wrist. Also up behind my right ear is 3 hot pink and black stars. Yeah I would say I have an adrenaline rush need. Maybe.

When I returned home I decided I needed something shiny and new. So...

I went car shopping. I have never in my life owned a brand new car. This is MY car in MY driveway. And I own it, no payments, no nothing. Thanks to my Daddy and him making sure that I would be taken care of I introduce you to my beautiful new 2010 Ford Edge Limited. I love it.

I have also taken on a new look. It's called 31 pound lighter Kori. Yep it's not the best diet ever. Stress! But I have lost weight simply because I'm not really hungry so I only eat once a day. But at least I look good. Don't ya think?

Oh and one more crucial thing you should know. By Thanksgiving I will no longer be blogging from Alabama I will once again be a Floridian. Being down in Florida for 2 weeks made me realize just how much I miss it. I miss my family and my life long friends. So I came home and talked to the little men in my life and they were ecstatic over the idea. I honestly couldn't believe they wanted to move. I thought they would have said no and if they would have I wouldn't have pressed the issue. But I'm excited that they are excited. I am nervous because on Friday I will quit the most wonderful job I have ever had. That is what scares me the most. But I think our little family of 3 could really use a change. Things are just so different here without Richard.

So to Florida we shall go and we shall see what happens and I am sure it will be wonderful.

21 comments:

Linda said...

I'm very excited for the new adventures in your future! Thanks for sharing the journey with us!

Lisa said...

Wow! You have certainly had some adventures and some on the way.

Please be careful though, grief is a funny thing and you don't want to do something that you would later regret. Just motherly advice!

Sorry about your dad. I miss mine terribly to this day and it has been 17 yrs.

Lisa Q

Michele said...

Way to go Kori! Love the car...and the tatoos. I have 2 and once I got the first one I wanted more!!!

I think you're beautiful...you always were..and you still are! I'm glad you're making this change..you need to be around people you feel comfortable with. I'm so glad the boys were happy!

Big hugz,
Michele

Gina said...

Wow Kori!!!!
I am so very truly about your Dad. That is heartbreaking.
But I am so excited for you and the upcoming changes and the approach to living life you are taking. Good for you!!!! This is exactly what Richard would have wanted you to do.
I'm glad you're going home where people love you and will embrace you and help you face each new day with all it has to offer.
You are a blessing and an encouragement.
Yes. We WILL survive.
XOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!!!

Gina said...

(I meant to say so very truly SORRY....)

Susie said...

I'm sorry about your dad... I love the new car. What a rough year for you. I am praying for you during your life changes. Hugs!

LarryG said...

that's wow Kori! way to go!

Tracy said...

I am going to miss you being in Alabama but I completely understand why you've made the decision to move to Florida. I am happy for you.

Katey said...

I'm so sorry about your Dad, Kori!! You've definitely had it rough lately!!

I'm glad though for the new changes, and I'm certain becoming a Flordian (is that a word?) again will be good for all 3 of you!! We will miss you greatly here though and know that I'm always here for you if you ever need anything!!

I LOVE THE CAR!! And although i'm not too fond or big on tatoos...i think that one on the inside of your wrist is great!

FlipFlop Mom said...

I LOVE the CAR!! Beautiful!!!

I wish you the best on your decision to move!!! It sounds like you need it!! and I'm glad your little men are supportive of it too!!! You deserve this!!!

Grand Pooba said...

Wow, among all the your hard times, this happens too. But it is so refreshing to see you've got a great attitude about everything. Good luck on all your new adventures!

Christy said...

congratulations on everything...=)

Sweetly Single said...

you look good dear!

I wish you guys all of the best for your new adventure coming up!

Angela said...

I still cannot believe how much you have been asked to carry and deal with lately, but you are handling things with true grace! Awesome new car and it sounds like the move will be great for all of you. Sometimes we just need to get back to our comfort zone for a while!

Can't wait to meet you in a few weeks!

Elena said...

Good luck with you move! You look fabulous with your little lip bling! And there is really nothing quite like a brand new car. The smell....oh the smell!!! YUM!

Kristin said...

WOW! I am glad that you are feeling good about moving to Florida. I know God will bless your faithfulness.

Love you!

Mama said...

Enjoy! But don't be a stranger!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

So sorry to hear about your dad.

Glad you are working things out for yourself and "re-finding" yourself.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kori, I am so sorry I've been away! :- ( Being a new Mommy has really monopolized my time. Not that i am complaining!

First and foremost I am SO incredibly sorry to hear about Richard. I was thinking about him, which is what caused me to log on to your blog today.

And I'm sorry about your Daddy as well. I know how painful that loss can be. :-(

I'm glad to hear you are happy to be moving back home though. I think that is a great idea and hopefully it helps to be so close to your friends and family, as you all heal!

Jane In The Jungle said...

Hey Girl,
Sorry I've been away. I think it's a great move on your part to go home. You said it all with "it's so diffferent here without Richard". I feel you and the boys need a fresh, new start...obviously you've already started, LOL!!
Love Ya.
Jane

Betty said...

I´m so happy for you Kori! You deserve a break and I think now is your turn to be happy!
I wish you the best for your move home, and hope you find a wonderful job there too.
I LOVE the new car you bought!