Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Emotions

Sad, mad, happy, angry, jealous, envious, hurt, broken.

These are the emotions I feel on a daily basis. Sometimes they all run together. Sometimes they don't.

Several people want to know how I am doing. I have never been one to lie or to sugar coat things.

I am not well. I get up in the mornings get the boys off to School then I go back to bed sometimes I sleep sometimes I don't.

I eat once a day only because I know I need to eat something. I have lost almost 25 pounds. All of my pants are sagging and loose.

I pray every night for just a glimpse of Richard in my dreams. The closest I have came is being woken up and being able to smell him in my room. Weird, yes I know.

His shirt that he wore when we went to court in July still hangs on the back of my closet door. His pocket change, watch, belt and wallet still lie on the nightstand where he left them. His shoes are still in the same place, his razor and shampoo are still in the bathroom. I can't move them.

How can this really be my life? I ask myself that a lot. How can I be a 29 year old widow mother of two boys. This is not the way it was supposed to be.

I talk to God regularly just like before. But my prayers have changed. I have changed. My faith has not. God is still in control and I know that one day I will know the answers to all of my questions. This is God's will for my life. Am I ok with that? Right now... No not really. But regardless I understand.

I don't leave the house much. I have very little tolerance for people in general. I tried going to Church the week before last. I know I need to be there. But I barely heard the sermon. All I seen were the husbands and wives sitting in the pews before me. The husbands with their arms around their wives shoulders or them holding hands. I can't take it. Why can't that be us?

Going to the grocery store is a huge task. I get sidetracked. All I see is the dads holding their children's hands and walking with their wives. The other day I tried and I had several things in my buggy. I left it all. I left.

I know that soon I will have to return to work. That is extremely overwhelming for me to even think about right now. People and the looks and the "I'm so sorry for your loss." I don't think I'm ready for that. Nobody is more sorry for my loss than I. I never know what to say.

If it weren't for our two beautiful boys I don't know if I would get out of the bed in the mornings. Thank God for our boys. I think they are more of a rock to me than I am to them right now.

The boys, oh my sweet baby boys. They are doing alright. They have their moments. We all do. But all in all they are doing well. Much more so than myself. Kids are resilient. I see it everyday. They are what brings a smile to my face on the days when I can barely hold back the tears.

Lastly I am happy. I am happy to know that my wonderful, amazing, beautiful husband is in the presence of our mighty King. I am happy that he is no longer having to fight for every breath. I am happy to know that he chose me to spend the last 8 plus years of his life with. I am happy to have had the love of a lifetime if only for a limited while. I am happy that even though my heart may be breaking it is also full of joy and excitement to know that one day I will be there too and I will be with him again. And that I will also be with Him the one that carries me through these valleys but also promises the top of the mountain just over the horizon.

Until we meet again my love, may the Lord hold you in the palms of his hands.

20 comments:

Elena said...

Yes, I guess you need that shirt my cousin wore. ;) "Don't ask me how I'm doing; I'm breathing." And you know what? It's okay; you're doing the best you can and that is all He asks. Keep plugging along. You'll make it one step at a time.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are doing the best you can. I understand the jealousy of seeing husbands and wives. I still hate seeing pregnant women, or even other women with babies. I think it's so unfair, that their pregnancy turned out the way it's supposed, and mine ended the way it did. I hate every single person who says "oh, twins!" as I walk by. It's a stinger every single time, that there's a third baby missing.

I'm 7 months out. . .I can't say it gets easier. Not yet anyway. But you do get more used to it, so you at least don't want to cry all the time. Just hang in there Kori.

Angela said...

Kori, my heart just breaks for you. I wish I could make it easier, but I hope it helps just a little to know we're all here and praying for you.

I am reading a new Max Lucado book (new to me anyway) that I just love. It is about fear, and how many times Christ told us NOT to fear. It is already a favorite of mine because all my life I have been one of those people that worries. Worries about everything, every single thing. If something is going well, I even worry about when that will change. It's crazy, and I waste a lot of time and energy on it, but I can't seem to get a grip on it. Yet :-) Working on it, or rather trying to let God work on it!

But I love that God told us "do not fear" 365 times. That's one for every day of the year. I guess He knew we'd need the reminder every.single.day. I know I do! :)

So for now, try to just take everything a day at a time. I know it is much easier said than done, but just try to remember that you are not alone, even though I know it must feel like you are.

Hugs and hugs and hugs!!

Michele said...

Big hugz Kori...I can't even begin to know what you're feeling. I know that when I lost my sister, I was devestated...no one knew what it was like to lose my only sibling. Take each day at a time, and don't get rid of things if you don't want to....I didn't.

Love you...

Michele

Jane In The Jungle said...

Oh honey, just one day at a time.
Hugs.

Michelle said...

Oh Kori, first Angie's post making me cry, now yours. It's an echo of what I hear from a friend of mine who has suffered three miscarriages in the past year. I hear the same thing about babies and pregnant women, and ... I just don't know how to help her, but I pray for her as I pray for you and your boys. As so many of us are. Keep getting up. Keep eating. Keep breathing. And is there anyone you can grieve with?

Christy said...

I don't have any words for you, which is why I haven't been commenting on fb and so on. I don't know what to say except that I'm here whenever you need me. All I want to do is make you feel better and I can't. I do think about you guys a lot and pray for all three of you. Love ya

Nana Nae's World said...

Kori Just wanted to let you know that you are loved so much. I'm real sorry about your Dad. I'm glad I got to meet him. I can't even imagine how you feel, losing the two most important men in your life. You have 2 very special guardian angels watching over you!
Love ya bunches!
Renae
xoxo

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You are grieving...and it's all natural and supposed to be just as it is for you, because it's totally a personal thing.

I pray that you are soon feeling better about leaving the house and going to work.

Audrey at Barking Mad! said...

Feel everything you're feeling Kori. That's the only way to trudge through this. Most importantly, allow yourself to FEEL it all.

And allow yourself to fall back on those around you who will catch you and be there to be your support net and your cushion.

Keeping you in my prayers and close my thoughts!

Lisa said...

Grieving is so complex and you are walking through it in your own way.

Try to eat and keep putting one foot in front of the other.

God doesn't require us to always understand. Just keep praying.

Love ya,

Lisa Q

Betty said...

I will keep on praying for you Kori! I know you will come out of this deep black hole and you will see the light. Please read Psalm 23 for me?
Even though we don´t know each other so well, I care for you!

Anonymous said...

still thinking of you and praying.

Christine

Michelle said...

Praying for you Kori.

Elena said...

Kori, I think about EVERY day!

Praying that you are handling these trials and that you are feeling some peace and maybe even finding some joy.

FlipFlop Mom said...

Loving you and praying for you still.. and always!!!! Miss you!!

Megan said...

I'm still praying for you, Kori. I think about you and your boys all the time. (((HUGE HUGS)))

Lula! said...

Bless you...

Trish said...

Kori, Grief and Mourning are such a process. I pray for comfort and peace for you........

now how about you just run away to Alaska? Bring the boys!! Living here is good for the soul.

Love you friend, and I am praying for you daily. May your dreams be filled with the face of the one you love!

Beth Herring said...

Kori - My sweet sister in Christ, I think of you daily and have you and the boys on my prayer blog.

My heart is broken for you. My heart aches for your pain. I know that you are hurting and numb, but God's grace is sufficient. He will carry you. He will sustain you. He makes the unbearable bearable and turns your mourning into dancing!

Praying mightily for you.

In His Grip,
Beth