Tonight I have sat here and read through almost my entire blog. I have to keep reminding myself that these are my words, my thoughts and my world. It has been a long time since I have came here to this place and really wrote. I have came here and checked on my friends blogs but haven't commented.
Things are just... well different. My life has changed dramatically. The new things, the present things are wonderful. The old things, the past things are the things that keep me moving forward.
I miss Richard everyday. I long to hear his voice. I miss our incredible in depth conversations about what he wanted for the future for the boys and I. Our conversations about God and how he couldn't wait to leave this earth. It still hurts unbelievably.
In 4 short months I will be remarried to an amazing guy that I have known since the age of 9. We were 3rd, 4th and 5th grade Elementary School sweethearts. Each others first girlfriend/boyfriend, first kiss, first love. And here we are 21 years later we have somehow found our way back to each other and we plan on spending the rest of our lives together.
I have lived back in Florida for almost 3 months now. It's almost like I never left. Like somehow the last 9 years of my life just stopped time here in my hometown. But I know that those 9 years were some of the most amazing years of my life. Ones I will not ever forget.
My beautiful boys are growing up to be young men. Jacob is now officially a teenager. How did I become the mother of a teenager that is as tall as me and more sociable than anyone I have ever known. And sweet Calob is still a comedian although sometimes it does get him into trouble. They are both doing wonderfully in their new home, new School and with the way our lives are going. It amazes me how resilient my children are.
There have been so many changes. So many stories I have to tell. So many emotions. However this chapter of my life I feel can not be continued here. So in the next week or so I will do one final post here with a new blog address. And I'm thinking that it will be open and no longer private. That is a whole new post in and of itself. I would love it if you chose to follow along.
6 months ago











23 comments:
thanks for the invite. I have missed your blog so much and am so excited for your new sweet life and a new chapter in it. Your a great woman and a great example for us all!
Of course I'll follow along. I've been "following" on Facebook for a while now and have cried with you and rejoiced with you when the blessing of new love - or maybe "renewed love" would be better - began to bloom in your life.
All these long months you've been close to my thoughts, heart and always in my prayers.
Kori, I am so happy for you!! I've checked in here periodically to see if you've posted, but I understand why it may not seem "right". You're not in this place anymore. I would love to read your new blog, whenever you happen to get it up and running. And I follow along on your adventures from Facebook so that's been good. =)
Beautifully written. So excited for the way God is showering His blessings on you after the long and difficult road that you walked. Can't wait for the new blog. It will be so good to "see" you more often! :)
You are such an amazing person. I can't wait to see how this new journey takes you. You and the boys deserve to be happy. Can't wait for the new blog!
Yay!! I'm so happy you posted! Following on Facebook is just not enough for me. I think it's great that you are doing well. Look forward to the new blog.
Oh Kori...you don't know how happy I am for you...and I've been following you on Facebook, so I know both the pain and happiness that you've gone through. I'm so glad the boys are doing so well...and you too!
I will definitely follow your new blog...you're stuck with me now my friend!
Hugz,
Michele
so glad that you are happy :) Cant wait to hear from you more regularly! Love ya!
So good to see you back in the bloggy world. Can't wait to read the new blog!
Kori, I have missed reading your blog. Glad you are back. Congratulations on your refound love. You deserve a little light and happiness after your sacrifice. I know Richard will always have a special place in your heart and he would want you to be happy again.
Much love to you and the boys. May you be blessed in your new adventures!
I follow you on facebook and I love your inspirational 'story' and the fact that you are everything I have always wanted to be. Looking forward to your new blog and 'the rest of the story'. :)
I am so happy that you posted!! I have been checking your blog hoping for an update and was happy to see one when I logged on today!!
Christine
Yay!!! I can't wait to read more!
I am happy that you have found happiness again. It is much deserved. When I think of your story I am reminded of a very good friend of ours whose wife passed away after a very lengthy battle w/ ALS. Within in a year he had found love again, and while we were all shocked, he gently reminded us that he had had three years of grieving the loss of his wife before she even passed away. It was then that i realized the difference between his grief and ours.
So for you (and our dear friend here) I am so happy that God has brought you another chance at Love.
I can't wait to hear more about how God is blessing you all.
He is good! All the time.
Love you!!
Blessings to you Kori, as the Lord unfolds a new and exciting chapter in your life!
Good to hear from you again and that life has taken a new, exciting turn. Look forward to your new blog and snippets of your new life.
Glad the boys are doing well.
Lisa Q
I can't wait to hear all about it (and make it snazzy and pretty, too!)
Congratulations Kori, I have been a silent follower for a very long time. I am so happy for you and your boys for some normalcy! Like you said, you will never forget your life with Richard and you will all meet again one day in glory!
Looking forward to hearing all the new plans for this next chapter in your life.
Your friend,
Kimberly in Canada
I'm so glad to hear that things are still going well for you and that you are happy with where your life is going. It's so heartwarming to see that your life has taken an upward turn and that the boys are doing so well, too. I look forward to hearing more!
So glad to hear what's been going on! Include me in for the new blog!!
Please include as well. I don't read daily but do come and check on you.
Hi Kori! I've missed reading your blog! I have NOT been up on reading and commenting on others blogs (heck, I barely post on mine)becuz life is so busy. But I want to get back into it. I'm SOOO glad ot hear that things are going great for you. You deserve all the happiness in the world.
So happy to know you are ok! I've checked in now and then hoping there might be an update!
Erica
I have been MIA for so long! Oh my word!!!!!
I am just a blubbering mess right now. I would love to catch up and see how you all are doing now!
Love & Blessings
xoxo
Post a Comment